You are here
The following persons are eligible to be Principal Investigators at MSI and to initiate accounts for themselves and their group members.
- Faculty members at the University of Minnesota (job classification 94xx)
- University of Minnesota Academic Professionals (job classification 97xx)
- if their research is not part of research led by a faculty member and...
- if the research contributes to the goals and efforts of their department and/or center.
- The appropriate dean, department head, or center director must submit the MSI Non-faculty PI eligibility form in order for these academic professionals to be eligible for accounts.
- Faculty researchers at other accredited institutions of post-secondary education in the State of Minnesota.
- Due to licensing agreements, some software packages cannot be used by the research groups of PIs not affiliated with the University of Minnesota.
- For questions about specific software packages, please contact MSI support staff at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Postdocs are not eligible to be PIs.