The Users Bulletin provides a summary of new policies, procedures, and events of interest to MSI users. It is published quarterly.
1. MSI Operations: MSI staff are now working under a hybrid model; not all staff are working on-site full time. All MSI systems are operational and can be accessed remotely. Tutorials are being held via Zoom. The SDVL is open for use.
To request technical assistance with your MSI account, contact the Helpdesk:
- In-person walk-ins: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; 587 Walter Library
- Zoom walk-ins: Tuesday and Thursday, 9 - 11 a.m. and 1 - 3 p.m.; go to Helpdesk Zoom room
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 612-626-0802
- Online Support Request Form
- Video consultation
2. Agate Update: As of March 27, Agate is in full production for all users.
3. Blackwell Update: MSI is working through remediation projects resulting from the third-party review report. Beta projects for non-PHI data are ongoing; to inquire about Blackwell Beta Projects, please contact the Helpdesk.
4. Galaxy Community Conference: The Galaxy Community Conference will be held in Minneapolis on July 17-23, 2022, at the Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown hotel. The conference is aimed at researchers, trainers, tool developers, software engineers, and computational infrastructure providers, all addressing common challenges in data-intensive science using the Galaxy data integration and analysis platform.
5. Slides From Research Exhibition: Slides from the presentations given at the MSI Research Exhibition on March 26 are available for viewing. Topics covered include:
- Planet Imagery (U-Spatial)
- Funding and Project Support (UMII)
- MSI’s Agate: Overview and Behind the Sciences
- MSI Institutional Overview
The list of poster session winners can be found in the story about the event.
6. Summer Tutorials and Workshops: The Summer 2022 tutorial schedule will be posted soon on the MSI Events page.
7. Jobs Available at MSI:
- Bioinformatics Analysts (Core)
- Bioinformatics Analyst (Lab Medicine and Pathology)
- Linux Systems DevOps Engineer - GEMS
- Linux Systems Operations Engineer II
- Scientific Computing Consultant
- Student Tech Support Services
8. Useful Webpages: Looking for help with using MSI? One of these pages may have the information you need:
- Services available at MSI
- Getting Started (includes Quickstart Guides)
- MSI Systems
- Systems Status
- Software at MSI
- Software License Reservations
- Help and Documentation
- MSI Glossary
- Staff Listing and Areas of Expertise
- Upcoming Events and Tutorials
- Proposal Support