The Users Bulletin provides a summary of new policies, procedures, and events of interest to MSI users. It is published quarterly.
1. MSI Operations: MSI staff are now working under a hybrid model; not all staff are working on-site full time. The Helpdesk is staffed Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., and the SDVL is open for use. Tutorials are being held via Zoom.
All MSI systems are operational and can be accessed remotely. To request technical assistance with your MSI account, contact the Helpdesk:
- In-person visit: 587 Walter Library
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 612-626-0802
- Online Support Request Form
- Video consultation
2. Agate Update: Agate is expected to go into Production on Monday, April 25, 2022.
3. Blackwell Update: MSI is working through remediation projects resulting from the third-party review report. Beta projects for non-PHI data are ongoing; to inquire about Blackwell Beta Projects, please contact the Helpdesk (email@example.com).
4. MSI Research Exhibition: The 2022 MSI Research Exhibition will be held on Tuesday, April 26, 2022. The event is free and open to all.
The Research Exhibition will include a poster competition, a panel discussion with industry representatives about careers in HPC, presentations about projects using MSI resources, and tours.
The event webpage will be updated as the schedule is finalized.
5. Galaxy Community Conference: The 2022 Galaxy Community Conference will be held in Minneapolis on July 17-23, 2022, at the Courtyard by Marriott Minneapolis Downtown hotel. The conference is aimed at researchers, trainers, tool developers, software engineers, and computational infrastructure providers, all addressing common challenges in data-intensive science using the Galaxy data integration and analysis platform.
Registration and abstract submission are now open. Key dates and deadlines.
6. Spring Tutorials and Workshops: The Spring 2022 tutorial schedule is posted on the Events page of our website. Tutorials are being held via Zoom.
Upcoming tutorials from LATIS and Software Carpentry are also shown on the Events page.
7. U-Spatial Mapping Prize: The Mapping Prize competition, which is open to students at the University of Minnesota, honors provocative and innovative map-making. Information about the 2022 competition can be found at the Spatial University website. You can also see the 2021 winners on that page.
The submission deadline for the 2022 competition is May 13, 2022.
8. Programming and Pizza: Experienced programmers from Libraries, Liberal Arts Technology and Innovation Services, Research Computing, and CSE-IT are available to help you out with your programming issues. Programming and Pizza sessions for the Spring 2022 semester are being held via Zoom (BYOP - Bring Your Own Pizza). Sessions are 30 minutes long. See the schedule and sign up.
9. 2022 DMD Conference: The annual Design of Medical Devices Conference will be held April 11-14, 2022. Registration is open. Complete information can be found on the conference website.
10. Jobs Available at MSI:
- Bioinformatics Analyst
- Linux Systems DevOps Engineer - GEMS
- Student Tech Support Services
- Scientific Computing Consultant
- Surgery Bioinformatics Analyst
11. Useful Webpages: Looking for help with using MSI? One of these pages may have the information you need:
- Services available at MSI
- Getting Started (includes Quickstart Guides)
- MSI Systems
- Systems Status
- Software at MSI
- Software License Reservations
- Help and Documentation
- MSI Glossary
- Staff Listing and Areas of Expertise
- Upcoming Events and Tutorials
- Proposal Support