Databases hosted by MSI
The Minnesota Supercomputing Institute hosts and develops numerous databases. They include public and project-specific databases that serve various fields. Representative examples include:
- Flat file public databases (genbank, PDB, Uniprot),
- NCBI BLAST sequence databases (nt, nr, swissprot etc.),
- Genome databases (Human, Mouse, Rat, Drosophila, Yeast, E. coli etc.)
- mySQL databases such as ensembl, gene ontology, ucsc genome.
- mySQL and Oracle databases for user-specific projects.
Many of these databases are integrated into specific software for researchers. Public databases are updated regularly. MSI staff provide hardware, software, and advanced user support for maintaining and using these databases.