You are here
LSA Panel Event June 2013
This event has been cancelled. We will try to reschedule in Fall 2013.
MSI Facilitates Research and Engineering of Drugs and Medical Devices
Thursday, June 20, 2013
5 – 7:30 pm
Rooms 401 and 402 Walter Library
117 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, Minnesota (East Bank campus)
MSI is hosting an event in conjunction with LifeScience Alley to showcase the work that is possible using our resources.
The central portion of the event will be a panel discussion, which will focus on:
- Medical device and drug design
- How MSI has facilitated such design work for faculty at the U and Minnesota companies
- How MSI is positioned to facilitate cutting-edge work going forward
- The favorable terms that the U makes available to firms for technology commercialization
- Elizabeth Amin, Associate Professor, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, U of M
- Matt Johnson, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, U of M
- Lisa Herron-Olson, Senior Scientific Director, Syntiron
- Art Erdman, Director, Medical Devices Center, U of M
- Kevin Anderson, U of M Office of Technology Commercialization
- Ravishankar Chityala, User Support Services Team Lead, Image Processing and Visualization Manager, MSI
5:00 – 5:30 Registration and Networking, Refreshments
5:30 – 7:00 Panel Discussion With Audience Questions
7:00 – 7:30 Refreshments, Networking
This event is open to members of LifeScience Alley and faculty, staff, and students at the University of Minnesota. It is FREE for members of the University community (faculty, staff, and students).
Instructions for registration for University-affiliated persons:
- Register at the LifeScience Alley website
- Fill out the registration form normally (this allows you to be updated in the case of any changes)
- At the bottom of the registration form, enter the Complimentary Registration code GOGOPHERS (case sensitive; use uppercase) and click the “Validate” button
- Click “continue” to complete your registration
LifeScience Alley is a Minnesota-based trade association serving businesses in the life sciences and is the largest such organization in the US.