You are here
Monthly Maintenance on February 5
posted on February 3, 2014
On Wednesday, February 5, from 04:00 - 15:00, MSI staff will perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to the network and various systems.
During this maintenance period, we will be performing the following updates:
- Networking upgrades will be implemented resulting in a downtime of up to 30 minutes for external connections.
- Itasca and Cascade will be offline for software updates.
- Koronis will be down for hardware maintenance.
- The NX remote desktop service, nx.msi.umn.edu, will be upgraded from 3.5 to version 4.0. At maintenance time, all existing NX sessions will be cancelled. After maintenance, users are encouraged to upgrade to the latest NX4 client version; instructions will be sent in a separate email.
- Galaxy.msi.umn.edu will be unavailable for up to one hour - the service will move to a new virtual server.
- Home directories from past retired MSI systems, including /home/it, /home/xe, and /home/archive/, will be taken offline.
Systems status is always available on our Status page.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.