You are here
Monthly Maintenance on July 2
posted on June 30, 2014
On Wednesday, July 2, from 04:00 - 15:00, MSI staff will perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to the network and various systems.
During this maintenance period, we will be performing the following updates:
• The MSI central filesystem, Panasas, will be upgraded to the latest software version. Clients may experience long IO waits during the upgrade and most MSI resources will be unavailable during this period.
• MSI will be moving and patching our SU accounting server (a pause in scheduling will be in place on all MSI SU accounted systems).
• NX, the no-machine server, will be upgraded to the latest version.
• The Calhoun system will be retired to comply with the B40 construction schedule, which will prepare the space for a new HPC system.
• Portions of the MSI lab queue will be unavailable for several days following the downtime as the physical systems are moved to a new space.
Systems status is always available on our Status page.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.