posted on March 3, 2014
On Wednesday, March 5, from 04:00 - 15:00, MSI staff will perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to the network and various systems.
During this maintenance period, we will be performing the following updates:
• Networking upgrades will be implemented resulting in a downtime of up to 30 minutes for core MSI systems.
• Cascade will be offline for hardware updates.
• One of Itasca’s login nodes will be unavailable (this shouldn’t impact most users).
• The NX remote desktop service, nx.msi.umn.edu, will be upgraded from 4.0 to version 4.1. At maintenance time, all existing NX sessions will be cancelled. MSI will retire client version 3.5 connections (users should upgrade to the latest NX client).
• Portions of the lab queue will be upgraded.
• One of the MSI login hosts will be unavailable for updates (this shouldn’t impact most users).
• The remaining project shares on the MSI storage resource "buzzard" will be unshared.
Systems status is always available on our Status page.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.