Several MSI PIs have been named as affiliates of the Institute on the Environment (IonE). Affiliates include Fellows, Associates, Educators, and Visiting Scholars. Three MSI PIs are new Fellows and four are new Associates. The Institute on the Environment supports collaborative research among academic disciplines and external partners to solve problems related to climate, energy, food, land use, water management, and more.
- Briana Gross, UMD Biology
- Emilie Snell-Rood, Ecology, Evolution and Behavior
- Lian Shen, Director, St. Anthony Falls Lab; Mechanical Engineering
- Xue Feng, Civil, Environmental, and Geo- Engineering
- Gene-Hua Crystal Ng, Earth Sciences
- Noelle Noyes, Veterinary Population Medicine
- Qi Zhang, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
A complete list of the 2018 class of affiliates appears on the IonE website: Welcoming the 2018 Class of IonE Affiliates.
A description of the Affiliates program appears on the IonE website: Institute Affiliates.