Six MSI PIs are among the nine faculty members who have been named 2017-2019 McKnight Land-Grant Professors. The goal of this program is to advance the careers of new assistant professors and includes a research grant of $25,000 in each of the two years of the award.
The MSI PIs who have received this award are:
- Yaniv Brandvain – Plant and Microbial Biology, College of Biological Sciences
- Cari Dutcher – Mechanical Engineering, College of Science and Engineering
- Vivian E. Ferry – Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, College of Science and Engineering
- Renee R. Frontiera – Chemistry, College of Science and Engineering
- Bernadette T. Gillick – Rehabilitation Medicine, Medical School
- Candice N. Hirsch – Agronomy and Plant Genetics, College of Food, Agricultural, and Natural Resource Sciences
A complete list of this year’s awardees can be found on the Scholars Walk website: Congratulations to the newly named 2017-2019 McKnight Land-Grant Professors!