Location & Details
This tutorial is presented by MSI.
This tutorial is a lecture that covers the basic experimental design and data analysis principles of single cell genomics. Attendees will learn common designs of experiments, data quality control metrics, common software tools, and a general overview of the data analysis procedure. An experimental design questionnaire to help guide single cell genomics project design will also be presented. Comparisons to bulk data are made to help attendees decide if single cell technologies are an appropriate approach for their research questions.
This tutorial will cover:
- Basic experimental design principles such as blocking and randomization in the context of single-cell genomics
- Common quality control metrics for single-cell genomics data
- Common analysis tools for single-cell genomics experiments
- Basic data handling workflow from FASTQ files to analysis-ready data
- Common concerns and issues that arise during single-cell experimental design
To be successful, you should have:
- A basic understanding of next-generation sequencing technology
- Familiarity with molecular biology and cell biology terminology