Location & Details
This tutorial is presented by MSI.
Python is a popular general-purpose programming language that provides an accessible packaging system that lets users install discipline-specific functionality provided by the community. This workshop will teach you foundational programming skills using data analysis with Python to provide examples of problems and use-cases.
This workshop will cover how to:
- Store and manipulate data in a Python environment
- Process and visualize tabular data
- Automate common workflows using loops, choices, and functions
- Troubleshoot and debug your code, and how to minimize the time you need to spend doing so
- Write your own command-line programs using Python
To be successful, you should have:
- An understanding of the concepts of files and directories
- Some familiarity with using the bash shell for navigating a filesystem, and for creating and editing files
- A computer you can use for the workshop, with either the ability to connect to MSI via Open OnDemand or with Anaconda installed
- The Zoom videoconferencing client installed on your computer, if attending remotely