Location & Details
This tutorial is presented by MSI.
This tutorial covers the process of handling bulk RNA-seq data with command line tools.
Attendees will learn the structure of a “standard” bulk RNA-seq analysis workflow and the names of commonly used tools to process the data. We will cover the setup and use of a command line MSI-developed analytical workflow to process a real RNA-seq dataset. Quality control metrics and basic interpretation of experiment summaries are covered. A short command line introduction is provided. Differential gene expression analysis is not covered in this tutorial.
Prerequisites: None, but Linux command line experience is beneficial
This tutorial will cover:
- Common commands for the Linux command line
- Basic organization of files and directories on Linux systems
- Workflow for bulk RNA-seq data processing
- Usage of an MSI-developed tool for bulk RNA-seq analysis
- Common quality control metrics for bulk RNA-seq experiments
To be successful, you should have:
- An active MSI account
- Basic familiarity with the Linux command line
- Knowledge of how to submit compute jobs on MSI systems
- Basic understanding of genomics technologies