Location & Details
An “amazing opportunity” - Women in IT Networking at SC (WINS)
Presented by Marla Meehl and Wendy Huntoon
Abstract: The Women in IT Networking at SC (WINS) program was developed to address the gender gap prevalent in information technology, especially in network engineering and high performance computing. Originally introduced as a pilot program at SC15, the program provides mentorship and travel funding for up to 5-8 talented early to mid-career women from diverse regions of the U.S. research and education IT community for a true “hands on” experience in the ground-up construction of SCinet, one of the fastest and most advanced computer networks in the world. SCinet, the Supercomputing Conference’s (SC) dedicated high-performance research network, provides an ideal “apprenticeship” opportunity for engineers and technologists looking for direct access to the most cutting-edge network hardware and software, while working side-by-side with the world’s leading network and software engineers, and the top network technology vendors. Since the WINS program started in 2015, it has had a significant impact on diversity of the SCinet team. WINS is a joint effort between the Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), KINBER, and the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). It is funded by an NSF grant and, through ESnet, by the Department of Energy.
- Event address for attendees
- Access code/event number: 905 778 892
- Audio conference information: To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the event, or call the number below and enter access code 905 778 892.
- USA Toll: +1-510-210-8882
- Global call-in numbers
- For live captioning, please log in to the event at the start time here.
- Confirmation number for captioning: 4017705
NSF Contact: Julie Stahlhut