You are here
Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessor Developer Training
Intel® will be providing a one-day software developer training event on Thursday, September 11, 2014 for the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor. The event is being held at the Minnesota Supercomputing Institute at the University of Minnesota. Current University students, staff, and faculty are invited.
This one-day training will provide software developers the foundation needed for modernizing their code to take advantage of parallel architectures found in both the Intel® Xeon® processor and the Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor.
Location: 402 Walter Library, University of Minnesota Twin Cities Campus, Minneapolis
Registration begins: 8:30am
Presentation: 9am - 4pm
Lunch will be provided.
The training is free, but you must pre-register to attend. Please see the event registration site.
The session will cover:
• An overview of parallel programming frameworks and optimization guidelines for multi-core CPUs (Intel® Xeon®) and many-core coprocessors (Intel® Xeon Phi™)
• Discussions about three layers of parallelism: SIMD, Threads, Cluster environment
• Tips for quick porting/development of HPC software applications
• Real-life examples of code and optimization techniques
• Hardware solution and corresponding software implementations, APIs, and framework