College of Food, Ag & Nat Res Sci
These researchers use resources at MSI to study aspects of the barley, wheat, soybean, and maize genomes, the barley/wheat-Fusarium graminaerum interaction, barley meristems, and soybean shoot architecture . The group is involved in several projects:
- Examining the gene expression profiles of barley and wheat during infection with Fusarium graminearum.
- Using laser capture microdissection RNA-seq to examine the gene expression patterns in the barley shoot apical and axillary meristems.
- Using sequence data from mapping populations in wheat and its relatives to assemble and map these genomes.
- Identifying genes that control shoot and reproductive architecture in barley.
- Using sequence data to identify genes controlling shoot and root architecture.