You are here
In addition to providing supercomputing facilities, MSI also has five labs. They are
- Basic Sciences Computing Laboratory (BSCL)
- Computational Genetics Laboratory (CGL)
- Biomedical Modeling, Simulation, and Design Laboratory (BMSDL)
- Scientific Development and Visualization Laboratory (SDVL)
- LCSE-MSI Visualization Laboratory (LMVL)
Remote Access to Laboratory Resources
MSI does not allow users to remotely access laboratory resources, but MSI provides access to laboratory-caliber resources using a remote access procedure.
MSI uses the Portable Batch System (PBS), a queueing system for submitting serial and parallel jobs, for batch processing of jobs for lab and HPC users alike. Documentation for PBS use in the labs will assist users in preparing and submitting job scripts.
Windows resources are arranged in VM pools and accessed via the Citrix receiver. This is described in our Windows system overview.