MSI has scheduled an extended downtime for all HPC systems starting Tuesday, April 3, 2018, at 6:00 pm. April's extended downtime is required in order to complete the migration of all user data onto new primary storage hardware. The extended time is needed because we will be moving data from our largest group volumes; 0, 2, 4, and 5. The MSI user community will not only benefit by having their data on all new hardware, but this upgrade will also give MSI the ability to increase the size and performance of scratch storage in the near future.
April Maintenance Day Timeline:
- Early maintenance window for users in group volumes 0, 2, 4, and 5 starting at 6:00 pm on 4/3.
- Data will be set to read-only.
- Global system reservation starting at 6:00 pm on 4/3.
- The batch scheduler will begin holding jobs that cannot complete before 6:00 pm on April 3. Jobs that are not started will be held until after maintenance and then started once the system is returned to production status.
- General maintenance starting at 6:00 am on 4/4.
- Systems returned to production status at 5:00 pm on 4/4.
To see if your home directory is in group volume 0, 2, 4, or 5 run the following command in your terminal window:
ls -al /panfs/roc/home/ |grep yourgroupname
We apologize for any delays this causes to your research. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Systems status is always available on our Status page.