On Wednesday, August 1, 2018, MSI staff will perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to various MSI systems. Primary Storage, Mesabi, and Itasca will be unavailable throughout much of the day.
A global system reservation will start at 6:00 am on August 1. Jobs that cannot be completed before 6:00 am on August 1 will be held until after maintenance and then started once the system returns to production status.
August maintenance will include:
- Mesabi CentOS 7
- Mesabi compute and login nodes will be reimaged with CentOS 7.5
- Legacy Compiler Decommissioning for compilers and supporting libraries that were released in June 2015 or earlier
- List of impacted modules on the Legacy Compiler Decommissioning page
- Users may need to recompile any software that they built against these one or more of these modules using a newer version. Leading up to Maintenance Day users can test CentOS 7 via the following queues:
- qsub -q centos7 yourscriptname
- qsub -q centos7gpu yourscriptname
- If you run into issues with your software packages in the CentOS 7, please notify email@example.com
- Itasca OS updates
- Citrix Windows updates
Systems status is always available on our Status page.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.