On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, MSI staff will perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to various MSI systems. Primary Storage, Mesabi, and Mangi will be unavailable throughout much of the day.
A global system reservation will start at 5:00 a.m. on January 6. Jobs that cannot be completed before 5:00 a.m. on January 6 will be held until after maintenance and then started once the system returns to production status.
January maintenance will include:
- HPC clusters will be down for OS updates
- Tier 2 storage will be offline for updates
- NICE will be offline for system updates
- Panasas hardware maintenance may cause temporary service interruption for Tier 1 storage
- Stratus “s3secure” persistent object store is decommissioned
- Remaining PBS nodes will be migrated to the Slurm scheduler
Systems status is always available on our Status page.