All MSI systems will be offline and unavailable June 3, 4, and 5 (Monday through Wednesday) for a building-wide power outage and monthly system maintenance. The power outage is required to upgrade Walter Library’s main electrical systems. The upgraded electrical systems will help to isolate MSI’s data center from future power interruptions. Below is a rough timeline of the extended outage.
Walter Library Extended Outage Timeline:
Monday, June 3:
- 5:00 a.m.: Global system reservation starts. Jobs that cannot be completed before 5:00 am on Monday, June 3 will be held until after the extended downtime.
- 6:00 a.m.: Walter Library closes to all occupants (students, faculty, staff, and visitors)
- 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.: MSI Operations Staff power off all systems
- 8:00 a.m.: Contractor and FM begin electrical work
Tuesday, June 4:
- 5:00 p.m.: Contractor and FM finish electrical work
- 6:00 p.m.: Power to Walter Library is restored
Wednesday, June 5:
- 7:00 a.m.: Walter Library reopens to students, faculty, and staff
- 7:00 a.m.: MSI staff start performing monthly maintenance
- 5:00 p.m.: MSI systems resume normal operation
Please note that during the power outage, MSI support services like the Help Desk phone line (612-626-0802), firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Support Request Form will also be unavailable until Wednesday, June 5.
We apologize for any delays this causes to your research. If you have questions about the downtime and how to prepare, please contact MSI via email (email@example.com) or by phone (612-626-0802).