Several MSI PIs have been named McKnight Land-Grant Professors for 2023-25. These awards recognize promising junior faculty members.
- Ambika Bhagi-Damodaran (Chemistry)
- Professor Bhagi-Damodaran’s group uses MSI as part of research to elucidate structure-function relations in redox-active metalloenzymes and apply this knowledge towards the development of novel drug lead compounds.
- Christina Camell (Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics)
- Professor Camell’s group is working with MSI-RIS staff in a project to understand the causes of infection-related mortality in the elderly.
- Ognjen Ilic (Mechanical Engineering)
- Professor Ilic’s group uses MSI computational capabilities as part of research into the fundamental physics that governs the way light interacts with matter at the nano scale.
- Sandra Safo (Biostatistics)
- Professor Safo’s group is using MSI resources to develop new statistical methods for integrating multiple data types.
- Tiffany Wolf (Veterinary Population Medicine)
- Professor Wolf’s group is using metagenomic methods to study brainworm as part of research into moose mortality in Minnesota.
- Qi Zhang (Chemical Engineering and Materials Science)
- Professor Zhang’s group develops mathematical models and algorithms capable of considering both continuous and discrete decisions, incorporating uncertainty, capturing the interaction of multiple agents, and solving large-scale real-world optimization problems.
The entire list of awardees can be found on the U of M Scholars Walk website: McKnight Land-Grant Professorship – Congratulations to the 2023 Award Recipients.