The University of Minnesota recently announced the new McKnight Presidential Fellows. Three MSI PIs are included in the 2023 class.
The McKnight Presidential Fellows program is a three-year award given to faculty who have been newly granted tenure and promotion to associate professor. The award is based on excellence in research and scholarship, leadership, potential to build top-tier programs, and ability to advance U of M priorities.
The MSI PIs on the list are:
- Luciano Caixeta (Veterinary Population Medicine)
- Professor Caixeta uses MSI high-performance computing and storage resources for projects investigating the microbiome of different parts of the bovine body and its associations with health and performance.
- Peter Kang (Earth and Environmental Sciences)
- Professor Kang is studying the physical processes of flow, transport, mixing, and reaction in subsurface systems at scales ranging from tiny pore-scale to large-field scale.
- Ya Yang (Plant and Microbial Biology)
- Professor Yang uses MSI for phylogenetics, transcriptomics, and genomics research that seeks to the patterns and drivers of plant diversity.
The complete list of awardees can be found on the Scholars Walk website.