Three MSI PIs have been named to the Academy for Excellence in Team Science, one of the Academies for Excellence at the University of Minnesota.
The three faculty members are:
- Assistant Professor Peter Larsen (Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences)
- Professor Larsen uses MSI resources to perform multi-omic analyses that investigate epigenomic vulnerabilities contributing to the origin of sporadic disease and emerging zoonoses at the wildlife-livestock interface.
- Professor Sang-Hyun Oh (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Professor Oh uses MSI for research into the interaction of light with metallic nanostructures for the use of biosensing, metamaterials, and spectroscopy.
- Assistant Professor Tiffany Wolf (Veterinary Population Medicine)
- Professor Wolf uses MSI resources for metagenomic studies that are part of research into brainworm infection in the Minnesota moose population.