The University of Minnesota recently announced new awardees to the McKnight Presidential Fellows Program. Three MSI PIs are included in the 2020 class.
The McKnight Presidential Fellows Program is a three-year award given to exceptional faculty who have just achieved tenure and promotion to associate professor, to recognize their accomplishments and support their ongoing research and scholarship.
The MSI PIs on the list are:
- Timothy Kowalewski (Mechanical Engineering)
- Professor Kowlewksi uses MSI for research being performed in the Medical Robotics and Devices Laboratory, which seeks to advance the emerging field of computational surgery.
- Ryan Langlois (Microbiology and Immunology)
- Professor Langlois uses a variety of techniques using software available through MSI to study the immune response to influenza virus.
- Lana Yarosh (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Professor Yarosh uses a variety of methods to study large datasets associated with online health communities in order to understand how they can be best used to build support networks for those facing health challenges.
The complete list of 2020 McKnight Presidential Fellows can be found on the Scholars Walk website.