Six MSI PIs have received awards from the 2018 Research Infrastructure Investment Program. This Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) program is designed to support transdisciplinary research and collaboration across the U. OVPR made 19 awards this year.
Below are the MSI PIs who have received awards:
- Kenny Beckman, University of Minnesota Genomics Center
- Project title: Outside-the-“box”: Infrastructure for DIY Genomics
- Graham Candler, Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
- Project title: Upgrade of the Hyperion Large-Scale Computer Cluster
- Timothy Griffin, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics
- Project title: A New GC-MS-Based Metabolomics Platform for U of M Researchers
- Angela Panoskaltsis-Mortari, Pediatrics
- Project title: Mach-1 Instrument for 3D Bioprinting Facility
- Kathleen Thomas, Institute of Child Development
- Project title: Mock Scanner Environment to Support Clinical and Pediatric Neuroimaging Research
- Wei Zhang, Diagnostic and Biological Sciences
- Project title: Implementation of a Microscopy Technology That Revolutionizes Biomedical & Engineering Research
To see the complete list of awards, visit the OVPR’s Inquiry blog: 2018 Research Infrastructure Investment Awards Over $2.5 Million to Collaborative Projects.