Four MSI PIs have received awards from the 2020 Research Infrastructure Investment Program. This Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) program is designed to support transdisciplinary research and collaboration across the U of M. OVPR made 12 awards this year.
Below are the MSI PIs who received awards:
- Brian Crooker, Animal Science
- Project Title: Heirloom Holsteins for Functional Genomics Studies
- Professor Crooker uses software available through MSI for transcriptome analysis of Holstein cows.
- Timothy Griffin, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics
- Project Title: A Replacement Qtrap LC-MS System for Targeted Metabolomics and Proteomics for U of M Researchers
- Professor Griffin works with MSI to develop and apply mass spectrometry-based tools to study proteins and proteomes, and on the ongoing Galaxy-P project.
- Peter Larsen, Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences
- Project Title: Expanding the Environmental Research Capabilities of the Minnesota Center for Prion Research and Outreach
- Professor Larsen uses MSI resources for multi-omics analyses supporting investigations of epigenomic vulnerabilities contributing to the origin of sporadic disease and emerging zoonoses at the wildlife-livestock interface.
- Logan Spector, Pediatrics
- Project Title: 10,000 Families Study and Extension: Partnering With Minnesota Communities for Better Health
- Professor Spector uses MSI for examinations of whole-exome and whole-genome sequencing data as part of research into osteosarcoma and other childhood cancers.
The complete list of awardees can be found on the OVPR website: Research Infrastructure Investment Program: 2020 Awards.