On Wednesday, November 9, from 4am – 4pm, MSI staff will perform scheduled maintenance and upgrades to the network and various systems.
During this maintenance period, MSI will be upgrading hardware for the primary storage global file system (Panasas). The file system is expect to be unavailable for most of the day. While the file system is down, MSI services will be generally unavailable; this includes all user directories. In addition, we will performing the following updates:
• Itasca will be upgraded to CentOS 6.7
• Tier two storage (Ceph/S3) will be rebooted to enable the upgrades done in October
• Mesabi Infiniband routers will be moved to CentOS, the Infiniband software will be upgraded and there will be dedicated runs
• Citrix (xen.msi.umn.edu) will receive an upgrade for the Progenesis software
• MSI Debian systems will be upgraded
Systems status is always available on our Status page.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.