Three MSI PIs who study very small things are profiled in the Fall 2021 issue of the College of Science and Engineering’s Inventing Tomorrow magazine. The PIs are:
- Professor Christy Haynes (Chemistry)
- Professor Haynes uses MSI for computations studies that are part of investigations into the detection of small-molecule toxins.
- Professor Andre Mkhoyan (Chemical Engineering and Materials Science)
- Professor Mkhoyan uses MSI resources to create simulations as part of research that uses transmission electron microscopy to characterize nanomaterials.
- Associate Professor Jake Bailey (Earth and Environmental Sciences)
- Professor Bailey uses MSI for genomics research of sulfur bacteria.
The story can be found on CSE website: FACULTY: The Science of Small.