Three MSI PIs from the College of Science and Engineering are among the seven University faculty members who have been named Distinguished McKnight University Professors. They are:
- Christy Haynes, Chemistry
- Professor Haynes uses MSI in a project to develop a method of detecting small-molecule toxins.
- Vuk Mandic, Physics and Astronomy
- Professor Mandic uses MSI resources to process data related to studies of dark matter and gravitational waves.
- Sang-Hyun Oh, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professor Oh uses MSI resources for computer modeling related to the study and development of metallic nanostructures used for biosensing and photonics.
The Distinguished McKnight University Professorship program recognizes outstanding faculty member who have recently become full professors. The complete list of this year’s awardees can be found on the Scholars Walk website.