Genomics of Barley, Wheat, Maize, and Soybean
These researchers use resources at MSI to study aspects of the barley, wheat, soybean, and maize genomes, the barley/wheat-Fusarium graminaerum interaction, and barley and maize meristems. The group is involved in several projects:
- Examining the gene expression profiles of barley and wheat during infection with Fusarium graminearum.
- Using laser capture microdissection RNA-seq to examine the gene expression patterns in the barley shoot apical and axillary meristems.
- Using sequence data from mapping populations in wheat and its relatives to assemble and map these genomes.
- Examining gene expression and developing gene co-expression networks of genes expressed in maize shoot apical meristems.
- Using sequence data to identify genes controlling shoot and root architecture.
- Examining recombination and gene conversion in barley populations.
Return to this PI’s main page.