You are here
Project abstract for group stuparr
Soybean Genome, Exome, and RNA-seq Projects
These researchers have five current projects that use MSI resources, each of which are based on next-generation sequencing data. Each of these projects requires read mapping to the soybean reference genome and downstream analyses:
- Identification of genetic mutations in soybean based on whole exome re-sequencing data from four soybean genotypes.
- Identification of genetic mutations in soybean based on whole genome sequencing data from two wild soybean genotypes.
- Identification of big structural variations based on whole genome sequencing data from 41 SoyNAM lines.
- Study of the dynamics or gene expression regulation following F1 hybridization using RNA-seq data from inbred and hybrid soybean lines.
- Analysis of the DNA sequence data from soybean fast neutron mutant lines, studying the induced deletions and duplications in the genome that may be driving phenotypic variation.
The researchers will add five RNA-seq projects (totally 24 LANES of Illumnia RNA-seq data) in the near future, to study the gene expression and regulation in soybean inbred, hybrid, and mutagen mutated soybean lines.
A bibliography of this group’s publications acknowledging MSI is attached.