You are here
In order to align software resources to the needs of University of Minnesota researchers, MSI’s software working group actively reviews software at MSI. This will ensure that MSI offers software that covers a broad user base and functionality with improved focus. In the near term, we plan to make changes to the following software. Please provide feedback, if any, at the software request/feedback page.
Support for the following software will be discontinued soon at MSI.
- Genedata Expressionist (Microarray Analysis Platform)
- Due to redundancy with Partek Genomics Suite we will discontinuing Genedata Expressionist. Our current license expires on 9/14/2014 after which the software will no longer be usable. This will also affect the Genedata MS/Refiner package beginning 3/31/2015.
- MacVector (Sequence manipulation and analysis software)
- We will be discontinuing our maintainance contract for MacVector beginning 11/1/2014. MacVector will remain available through MSI but we will no longer have access to software updates.
Support for the following software has been discontinued at MSI.
- MASCOT (Search algorithm for Mass Spectral proteomics peaklists)
Due to its low usage, MSI has allowed the support plan for this software to expire, effective January 2014. Researchers can still use the existing version 2.4 of the software by accessing http://mascot.msi.umn.edu/mascot/ or Mascot Daemon on the SDVL PCs or Windows application server iron.msi.umn.edu
- ChemBioOffice (Software suite for chemists and biologists)
In order to better align MSI's software resources with the the needs of the High Performance Computing community, MSI discontinued support for ChemBioOffice effective August 31, 2012. The Chemistry department will continue provide support for ChemBio Office.
- MNova (NMR data processing tool)
Due to low usage, support was discontinued June 8, 2012, and the software is no longer usable.
- PEAKS (de novo tool for proteomics)
Due to its low usage, MSI discontinued the support plan effective 2012. Researchers can still use the existing software with version 5.3 on the Windows application servers copper.msi.umn.edu or iron.msi.umn.edu
- BlueFuse (microarray image analysis tool)
Due to its low usage, MSI discontinued the support plan effective 2012. Researchers can still use the existing software on the Windows application server iron.msi.umn.edu.