You are here
MSI HPC Services
MSI serves organizations that need high performance computing services but don't want to invest in the expensive infrastructure necessary to provide them in house. Maybe we can help you. Please contact MSI to find out how.
- Expert consulting
- Programming assistance, including parallelization and performance tuning
- Development of customized research and analysis environments
- Database development and implementation
- Bioinformatics analysis
- Other discipline-specific analytical services
- Development of collaboration environments or networks involving researchers in multiple locations
- Creation of web-based interface development for research, analysis, or collaboration
- Advanced visualization - immersive 3D or detailed high resolution
- Expertise in a number of areas, including computational biochemistry, computational fluid dynamics, structural mechanics, design optimization, data mining, scientific visualization, geophysics, computational chemistry, and others
- Access to supercomputers and data storage with various time frames and access protocols
- Training and workshops specifically tailored to customer needs
(simulation of fluid flow, above, courtesy Professor Sean Garrick, MSI Principal Investigator)
- Consulting/workshops: $200/hr. for technical consulting (support for operation of high-performance computing equipment and software), $140/hr. for scientific consulting (consultation and support for scientific research activities)
- CPU hour: $.10 ($.15/SU), minimum purchase of 10,000 hours
- Data storage (must be associated with CPU hours): $132/TB/quarter, $552/TB/year
- Visualization laboratory rental: $1,120/day (eight hours), $140/hour
- Galaxy: $1,120/year, limited to 250 CPU hours
(simulation of protein, above, courtesy Professor Kylie Walters, MSI Principal Investigator)
- Barr Services provided: CPU hours and consultation for large-scale fluid mechanics modelling.
- Cargill Services provided: CPU hours for use of Commercial ANSYS, engineering simulation software; installation, configuration and maintenance of on-site Galaxy environment; collaborative scientific work using on-site Galaxy environment; CPU hours for and software guidance for simulations of fermentation.
- Louisiana State University. Services provided: MSI is helping to develop modifications to a structural and biochemical database related to clarification of the evolutionary history of fungi.
- Ryan A+E Services provided: access to LCSE-MSI Visualization Laboratory for work on design of St. Paul's Lowertown Ballpark.
- Sheerwind Services provided: MSI built a model of a wind power generation tower and did simulations producing data related to pressure fields and generation fields.
- Syntiron Services provided: Access to Galaxy, an integrated computational environment for life sciences research, project space for data analysis, and CPU hours.
- Third Wave Systems Services provided: optimization of algorithms and/or software codes related to computer-aided high speed machining solutions for companies that cut metal.
MSI at the Minnesota High Tech Association's 2012 Spring Conference: Jeff McDonald, Assistant Director of HPC Operations, and Bill Hellriegel, Assistant to the Director, talk about MSI's services for Minnesota companies - TECHdotMN website.
MSI is a member of the Minnesota High Tech Association.