Jesse worked in private industry as a software engineer in the domains of internet security, defense, and biomedical informatics prior to joining the University of Minnesota in 2009. At the University he has worked as a software developer supporting research in bioinformatics, social sciences, and agroinformatics. He works primarily with Python on topics around data engineering and research data managment.
Over my career I have worked as a software engineer in the fields of web development, information security, network security, bioinformatics and health informatics. I have strong background in securing data and semantic technology.
I completed my Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science at the University of Northern Iowa in 1999.
- Sophia Yohe, Adam Hauge, Kari Bunjer, Teresa Kemmer, Matthew Bower, Matthew Schomaker, Getiria Onsongo, Jon Wilson, Jesse Erdmann, Yi Zhou, Archana Deshpande, Michael D Spears, Kenneth Bruce Beckman, Kevin A T Silverstein, Bharat Thyagarajan. Clinical Validation of Targeted Next-Generation Sequencing for Inherited Disorders. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine 139(2):204:10 February 2015
- Getiria Onsongo, Jesse Erdman, Michael D Spears, John Chilton, Kenneth Bruce Beckman, Adam Hauge, Sophia Yohe, Matthew Schomaker, Matthew Bower, Kevin A T Silverstein, Bharat Thyagarajan. Implementation of Cloud based Next Generation Sequencing data analysis in a clinical laboratory. BMC Research Notes 7(1):314 May 2014
- Susan K Rathe, James E Johnson, Kevin A T Silverstein, Jesse Erdmann, Adrienne L Watson, Flavia E Popescu, John R Ohlfest, David A Largaespada. MMuFLR: Missense Mutation and Frameshift Location Reporter. Bioinformatics 29(18) July 2013
- Ying Zhang, Jesse Erdmann, John Chilton, Getiria Onsongo, Matthew Bower, Kenny Beckman, Bharat Thyagarajan, Kevin Silverstein, Anne-Francoise Lamblin. CLIA-certified next-generation sequencing analysis in the cloud. BMC proceedings 6(6) October 2012
- Aaron L Sarver, Jesse Erdmann, Tim Starr, David A Largaespada, Kevin A T Silverstein. TAPDANCE: An Automated tool to identify and annotate Transposon insertion CISs and associations between CISs from next generation sequence data. BMC Bioinformatics 13(1):154 June 2012
- Tracy L Bergemann, Timothy K Starr, Haoyu Yu, Michael Steinbach, Jesse Erdmann, Yun Chen, Robert T Cormier, David A Largaespada, Kevin A T Silverstein. New methods for finding common insertion sites and co-occurring common insertion sites in transposon- and virus-based genetic screens. Nucleic Acids Research 40(9):3822-33 January 2012