This guide assumes you already have already done the steps in these articles:
Before following this guide please get the IP address of the VM you wish to connect to.
1) grab a copy of the code from https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP. You can use gti or download a zip copy of the repository. This document assumes you download the zip version.
2) Open up a terminal and cd to your downloads folder
$ cd ~/Downloads
2) Unzip the archive. Your system may not have unzip installed. If not, search your linux distributions package manager for it and install it.
$ unzip FreeRDP-master.zip
3) Run cmake to create config files. Your system may not have cmake installed. If not, search your linux distributions package manager for it and install it.
$ cd FreeRDP-master && cmake .
4) Run make in the directory. Your system may not have make installed. If not, search your linux distributions package manager for it and install it.
5) Run make install in the directory. This needs to be done as root or an account with sudo.
$ sudo make install
7) For this step the IP address of the VM you want to connect to is needed. If you don't know what it is you can use this guide to find it <<guide coming soon>
Open up another terminal and launch xfreerdp
$ xfreerdp 10.31.70.70
8) You will be prompted for your username and password. Your username depends on which operating system you are running.
If you are running Centos7 the username is centos
If you are running Ubuntu1604 the username is ubuntu
If you are running Debian9 the username is debian
For the password enter the password you manually set for this user. If you have not done so already look at this guide <<guide coming soon>>, then return to this step after its complete.