Please check the following possibilities if you cannot log into MSI systems in spite of using (what you think are) correct username and password.
- MSI passwords expire every 12 months. Have you received any emails mentioning the need to change your password? If the password has expired, you can always reset it.
- Please check if you have an access to the compute resource. Most MSI systems have unrestricted access to all MSI users, with the exception of HPC resources (supercomputers.) If you can log into non-HPC systems only, request access to Service Units from your PI.
- Please note that ssh to all systems needs to go through login.msi.umn.edu or nice.msi.umn.edu.
- Are you trying to use Remote Desktop to a Windows application server? Try entering your username as "AD\username" or "MSI\username" instead of just "username."
- Your account may have been disabled because your research group did not complete its last annual renewal, or if it did, your account was not designated to be renewed. If you suspect this to be the case, please contact your PI for confirmation or you can contact MSI staff via email (email@example.com).