You are here
IBM Data Visualization Explorer
IBM Data Visualization Explorer (dx) is a general purpose, easy to use, visualization tool. One can control dx by linking different modules together. It can read in both structured and unstructured data in many different formats, as well as TIFF images. Once the data is read in, the individual modules handle both structured and unstructured data.
- With 2D data, dx can produce shaded contours, contour lines, graphs, ....
- With 3D data sets, dx can volume render, display arbitrary slices of the data and isosurfaces. The transparence of the slices and the isosurfaces can be set according to data values, along with their colors.
- Vector fields and stream traces can be drawn with 2D or 3D data. Text and color bars are easily added.
- DX can be programmed to read in a sequence of files, or write a sequence of files. If the output files are images, these can be put togther into an animation.
- Chemistry extensions are installed that allow dx to read and manipulate molelcules stored in the PDB format.
To run this software interactively in a Linux environment run the commands:
module load opendx dx