- Mimics basic - Allows segmentation, registration and measurement on 3D object
- STL+ - Allows creation of 3D object for rapid prototyping
- FEM - Add material property, create FEM mesh and export files to standard FEM packages
To run this software under Windows, connect using instruction provided in our Windows systems page. Once logged in, navigate to
Start > All Programs > Materialise Software > Mimics x64 15.01 > Mimics
Mimcs users must be added to an access list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your name be added.
We only have two Mimics licenses. To use Mimics we ask that you reserve time on one the Mimics calendars, calendar one or calendar two using these instructions. Reservations can be made on a calendar if you have a UMN Google account. If have problems, send an email to email@example.com with a subject such as 'Add reservations to Mimics calendars'.
We know of the following issues – none of them are show-stoppers, but people should be aware of them:
- Mimics and 3-Matic may take several minutes to launch, but will start up successfully, given time.
- When launching 3-Matic, a warning will pop up about a crash report directory. The program will launch normally after clicking OK.
- Opening the Mimics ‘Options’ window for the first time will cause the program to hang for a minute or two before the window appears.
- Mimics defaults to using the folder C:\MedData for projects. There is some example data in there to play with, but please save projects to your U: or G: drives, as C: drive space is limited, and files on the C: drive are not guaranteed to be preserved after logout.
- If all licenses are in use, Mimics will go straight to a screen asking to configure a new license. If this happens, click “Cancel”.
We also have Mimics installed on the PCs in our Walter Library Lab.