The Users Bulletin provides a summary of new policies, procedures, and events of interest to MSI users. It is published quarterly.
To request technical assistance with your MSI account, please contact email@example.com.
1. Annual Account Renewals: The MSI 2017 allocation period ends on December 31, 2017. If your group did not renew during the annual renewal period last month, but you still need MSI access in 2018, the PI or Group Administrator should contact the Helpdesk for assistance, firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-renewed accounts will be locked in early January 2018.
2. Dedicated HPC Hardware: If you don't want to wait for your job to run, you can purchase dedicated systems that are fully integrated into MSI's service platforms (e.g., batch and interactive). You pay upfront, and MSI takes care of purchasing, installing, and maintaining dedicated systems for the agreed upon number of years. In addition, you and members of your group will have access to your free allocated SUs and allocated or purchased storage and all of the 300+ software packages installed and maintained by MSI staff. This might also be an attractive option when recruiting new faculty with significant computational needs or for departments that no longer want to maintain local clusters. Contact email@example.com if you have questions about Dedicated HPC Hardware.
3. 2018 MSI Research Exhibition: Save the Date! MSI will host the annual Research Exhibition on April 17, 2018, in Walter Library. The event includes a judged poster session with prizes awarded to the finalists. This year’s poster session is being expanded to include visualizations created using the new, upgraded capabilities of the LMVL.
We will post complete information on our website and send out a Call for Posters in January 2018.
4. Spring Tutorials: Tutorials will resume at the beginning of the spring semester. The schedule is being finalized, and will be posted on the MSI Events Calendar when registration is open.
Tutorials are now being live-streamed on the MSI YouTube channel. Tutorials can also be viewed on the channel at any time.
5. DMD Conference: The Design of Medical Devices Conference, sponsored by the Earl Bakken Medical Devices Center, will be held April 9-12, 2017, on the East Bank Campus. Registration opens on January 1, 2018. Complete information can be found on the conference website.
6. Jobs at MSI:
7. Useful Webpages: Looking for help with using MSI? One of these pages may have the information you need:
b. Getting Started (includes Quickstart Guides)
c. MSI Systems
e. Staff Listing and Areas of Expertise
f. Upcoming Events and Tutorials