The Users Bulletin provides a summary of new policies, procedures, and events of interest to MSI users. It is published quarterly.
To request technical assistance with your MSI account, please contact email@example.com.
1. 2018 MSI Research Exhibition: MSI will host the annual Research Exhibition on April 17, 2018, in Walter Library. The event schedule will be posted on the MSI website as it is finalized: 2018 MSI Research Exhibition.
The event includes a panel discussion by representatives of high-performance computing companies, who will discuss the types of qualifications and training successful applicants to their companies should have. The panel discussion is intended for grad students and post-docs who are interested in jobs in the HPC industry. All are invited.
- Presentations by industry representatives about emerging and current HPC technologies
- Visualizations created by MSI users in the newly remodeled Visualization Lab
- Poster session with research by MSI users
- Tours of the machine room
- Light refreshments
2. MSI Website: The Help and Documentation section on the MSI website is being updated and reorganized. The first section undergoing this process is the Software page; the new version is scheduled to launch in the next few weeks.
The new Software page will allow users to:
- Search for specific software
- See a list of all software modules at MSI
- See the date of the most recent update
- See what system(s) the module is located on and which version is available
3. Tutorials: The list of upcoming tutorials can be found on the MSI website.
Tutorials are now being live-streamed on the MSI YouTube channel. Tutorials can also be viewed on the channel at any time: MSI YouTube channel.
4. DMD Conference: The Design of Medical Devices Conference, sponsored by the Earl Bakken Medical Devices Center, will be held April 9-12, 2017, on the East Bank Campus. Registration is open. Complete information can be found on the conference website.
5. Job at MSI:
6. Useful Webpages: Looking for help with using MSI? One of these pages may have the information you need:
b. Getting Started (includes Quickstart Guides)
c. MSI Systems
e. Staff Listing and Areas of Expertise
f. Upcoming Events and Tutorials